This is a great tasting and healthy recipe. Please feel free to experiment with our other olive oils and balsamics. Give us your feedback and let us know what combination is your favorite!
- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of almonds (cashews, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts or your favorite)
- 1 cup unsweetened large flake coconut
- 1 cup dried fruit (cherries, blueberries, dates, raisins, cranberries, etc…)
- ½ cup Mandarin Agrumato Olive Oil (other suggestions or combinations include Blood Orange, Lemon or Lime)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together the first four dried ingredients and spread out evenly onto lined baking sheet.
In a medium pot set over low heat (or in your microwave) gently warm the honey so that it becomes more fluid. Whisk the olive oil in to the warm honey along with the vanilla. It won’t emulsify, but that’s ok.
Drizzle the honey-olive oil mixture evenly over the oats on the baking sheet. Toss everything gently to coat as much of the oats with honey and olive oil as possible. Redistribute evenly over baking sheet and place on the middle rack in the oven.
Every 10 minutes for about 1/2 hour, check and stir the granola. The honey and olive oil with continue to coat the remainder of the granola as you do this. When the granola is fragrant and golden brown, remove it from the oven and stir it one last time to ensure even distribution of olive oil and honey.
Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Makes approximately 9 cups (9 servings of granola)
Recipe provided by Rachel Bradley-Gomez