- 8 ounces pancetta or bacon, small diced
- 1Tbsp J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, peeled, cored, halved
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pancetta in a large ovenproof skillet and render the fat over moderate heat. Once the fat has rendered and the pancetta has browned, add shallot and Brussels sprouts and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pan into hot oven and roast until sprouts are tender and browned - 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the vinegar and honey. Remove sprouts from oven and pour vinegar over and stir to coat.
- Place back in the oven for several minutes, stirring often until glaze thickens slightly and coats the Brussels sprout. Serve immediately.
Original recipe and image found on Fustini's