- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 small head garlic
- 2 Tbsp. J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. J. Olive Co. Pomegranate Balsamic Glaze*
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp flakey salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts, and slice in half lengthwise.
Place a large knife on top of the garlic, and using the palm of your hand smash down on it to release all of the garlic cloves. This will help to release the outer papery skin as well. Repeat with individual garlic cloves if needed to remove outer skin.
Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, and add the Brussels sprouts cut side down. Add garlic cloves on top, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Sauté for 8-10 minutes or until sprouts are golden and caramelized.
Place cast iron skillet in the oven, and roast for 15 minutes, shaking halfway through until tender.
Remove from the oven, drizzle with glaze, and sprinkle with flakey salt and pomegranate seeds.
*Use J. Olive Co. Pomegranate Balsamic to make your own glaze from scratch ahead of time.
- Bring 1/4 cup balsamic to a boil in a saucepan (this will reduce to 2 Tbsp. of glaze).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, and let it cool completely. This is important because the reduction will thicken as it cools. The balsamic glaze should be thick and pourable.
Original recipe and image found at Weelicious