- 3 Cups sweet basil leaves, packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 or 3 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 Cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put oil and garlic in bowl of food processor or blender (I prefer the processor as it does a better job of grinding this large amount of basil).
- Process until garlic is pulverized.
- Add all the basil leaves, salt, pepper and 1/2 the nuts. Chop until it is a puree.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add cheese and remainder of nuts. Stir with a spoon until blended.
One Batch makes about 10 frozen pesto cubes.
Favorite use for pesto:
Cook favorite pasta according to package directions. Before draining, reserve a little of the pasta water (about 1/3 Cup) in case the mixture seems dry. Drain pasta; add the desired amount of pesto. Top with a little cheese and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Susan Hickman