- ¼ cup J. Olive Co Hojiblanca EVOO, plus more for a thinner sauce
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place ingredients in a food processor and blend, adding the grated parmesan cheese at the end. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This pesto is great on top of chicken and fish, as well as mixed in with sautéed vegetables. It is also delicious in pasta dishes and can be added to tomato soup.
- Refrigerated in an air tight container, this sauce should be good for around 7-10 days. Place in ice cube trays and freeze for future use.