- 1 tsp J. Olive Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 tsp J. Olive Co. Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 lb ground beef - 90 percent lean
- 1 tsp taco seasoning (can use up to 1Tbsp if you prefer spicier)
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups Romaine, washed and torn in bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup black beans cooked
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 Avocado seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup tortilla strips or chips
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch scallions sliced for garnish
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped for garnish
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Serrano Honey balsamic for dressing (optional)
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Persian Lime Olive Oil for dressing (optional)
Heat the Persian Lime olive oil and Chipotle olive oil in a large pan. Add ground beef and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, breaking up the beef with a spatula into crumbles.
In a blender, mix taco seasoning, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
Add the seasoning mix to the ground beef in the pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
Layer lettuce, beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and beef on a serving platter. Top with tortilla strips or chips, sour cream. Add scallions and cilantro for garnish. If you wish to have a dressing for the Taco Salad mix together the Persian Lime olive oil and the Serrano Honey vinegar and pour over salad on plate. Enjoy!
Original recipe found at The Spicy Olive