- 2 cup sliced strawberries, hulls removed
- 4 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Strawberry Balsamic, divided
- Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Basil Olive Oil, plus more for roasting & searing
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- spring mix salad greens
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- salted butter
- 2 lbs. rib eye steak (4 - 8oz. pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Brush a half sheet pan (13” x 18”) with some of the Basil Olive Oil. In a medium bowl toss the strawberries with 2 Tbsp of the Strawberry Balsamic, a pinch of Sea Salt, & black pepper. Spread the berries on the baking sheet in an even layer. Roast the fruit in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Vinaigrette - in a large bowl combine the remaining Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, Sicilian Sea Salt & pepper to taste, mustard, & cayenne. Whisk in the Basil Olive Oil. Test the dressing with a piece of the lettuce & adjust seasoning as desired. (It will be thick.) Place the greens & cucumber on top in the bowl, but do not toss.
- Heat a skillet or grill to high heat. If searing, add the butter with a bit of Basil Olive Oil; when the butter has melted sear the steaks & cook until desired doneness. Allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes under foil after cooking.
- Toss the greens & cucumber in the dressing, plate. Slice the steaks & lay over the salad. Top with the balsamic roasted strawberries & enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Saratoga Olive Oil