- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1-pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- thinly sliced red onion
- hard-cooked egg, halved or sliced
- goat cheese
- 1 Pound Pecan Halves
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic
- Pinch Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. EVOO
- Toss spinach with enough vinaigrette to coat then divide among service plates. Garnish with strawberries, red onion, cooked egg, goat cheese, and Honeyed Pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay pecans on parchment lined sheet tray in one layer. Place into oven. Place honey into large pot over high heat. Once honey is boiling, remove from heat and add hot pecans. Stir carefully with a wooden spoon to coat the pecans. The more stirring the better the coating. Once the pecans have taken in all the honey spread them back on the sheet pan in a single layer. Bake until brown and appear dry - approximately 8 minutes, stirring every two minutes. Remove from oven, season with salt and let cool to room temperature then break apart into individual pecans.
- Combine vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk in enough olive oil to taste.
Original recipe and image found on Fustini's