- 4 cups crusty French bread, torn into 1” pieces
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes, cut into 1” dice
- 8 oz. mozzarella fresca cut or torn into 1” pieces (optional)
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a bowl large enough to hold the tomatoes and cheese, combine the balsamic with salt and whisk.
- Add the Olive Oil and whisk to make a simple vinaigrette.
- Add the tomatoes and cheese, turning to coat thoroughly with the vinaigrette. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- To plate - in a large bowl, add the torn bread to the tomatoes and cheese along with all the accumulated liquid from the marinade.
- Add torn basil and adjust seasoning with fresh ground pepper to taste and additional salt if necessary.
- Gently toss until the bread is just moistened. Serve at room temperature.
Original recipe found at Monadnock Oil & Vinegar Co.