- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp J. Olive Co. Butter Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 oz Strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp J. Olive Co. Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 1 tsp Honey
- Butter, softened
- 4 Slices Potato Bread
- 3 oz Brie Cheese, cust into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3.5 oz Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
To make the roasted strawberries:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Whisk the maple syrup, olive oil, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Toss the strawberries in the syrup mixture until they are well-coated then lay them out in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, tossing the strawberries halfway through the baking time.
- Remove the dish from the oven and drizzle the balsamic vinegar and honey over the strawberries, mixing to combine. Set aside.
To make the sandwiches:
- Butter one side of two slices of bread. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place half of the brie on the un-buttered side of one slice of bread. Lay half of the chocolate on top of the brie.
- Layer on half of the roasted strawberries on top of the chocolate then top with the second piece of bread, butter side up. Place the sandwich in the skillet. Repeat with the second sandwich.
- Cover the pan for about 3 minutes to melt the cheese and chocolate.
- Uncover and check the undersides of the sandwiches with a spatula. If the bread is lightly browned, flip the sandwiches to finish off the other sides.
- When both sides of the sandwiches are perfectly browned and the cheese and chocolate is just melted, remove them from the pan, cut, and serve hot and gooey.
Original recipe found at Martin's Potato Rolls