- 4 lbs. ribeye steak (1 lb. each steak)
- 1 cup J. Olive Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups J. Olive Co. Fig Balsamic
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tsp steak seasoning (we recommend S.A.L.T. Sisters, Ely's or Koestler Prime)
- 2 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- Combine all marinade ingredients together and emulsify using a food processor. Save half of the marinade in a separate container for a basting liquid. Place the steaks in an airtight container and pour remaining marinade over them, letting them marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, mix all dry rub ingredients together. When the steaks have finished marinating, remove them from the marinade and blot any extra liquid, discarding used marinade. Cover with the dry rub, and get ready to grill!
- While grilling, brush the steaks with the separate container of basting liquid to infuse the sweet flavor of the balsamic marinade.
NOTE: This recipe can be easily modified to accommodate chicken, ribs or pork chops.
Original recipe found at Oliva di Vita