- 2 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin or pork shoulder
- 2 minced cloves of garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 onion, diced (or 1 cup frozen chopped)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, & chopped (use 1/2 in the slow cooker and 1/2 in the salsa)
- Boston or Romaine lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps
- red pepper flakes, to tast (optional)
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Pineapple Balsamic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Place the pork tenderloin, garlic, onion, peppers, red pepper flakes, pineapple balsamic, and soy sauce in a slow cooker or pressure cooker.
- In Slow Cooker: Cook for 4-5 hours on High or 7-8 hours on Low.
- In Instant Pot: Set to manual for 40 minutes.
- Once pork is finished cooking, remove the whole pieces of meat into a bowl. Add approximately 3 ladles of the cooking juice over the meat and shred the meat. Spoon the leftover pineapple and vegetables into the meat and mix together. Save the extra juice for later to re-moisten the meat.
Mix the following ingredients together:
- 1/2 of chopped pineapple
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 tsp J. Olive Co. Sesame Oil
- 1 - 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Pineapple Balsamic
Recipe courtesy of Clean Kitchen