- 4 2" thick steaks: use either strip, porterhouse, t-bone or tenderloin steaks weighing about 8 oz. each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 g sprigs thyme or rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Red Apple Balsamic
- Generously season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place 2 Tbsp olive oil, 3 Tbsp red apple balsamic, shallots, rosemary, and garlic if using into re-sealable or vacuum sealing bags. Place the steaks in a one large or two medium zipper lock or vacuum seal bags and seal.
- After 2 hours, remove the bag from the water bath and remove the steaks fromthe bags and dry well with paper towels.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or grill pan over high heat. Rub the dried steaks with remaining tablespoon of smoked olive oil. Add the steaks to the hot pan and sear until well-browned, about 30 seconds per side.Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of Bodacious