- 1, 4-5 lb chuck roast
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1 red onion
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cut the carrots into thirds, then peel the onion and cut it into sixths.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the instant pot and set it to “saute.” Once hot, add the beef to the pot and sear for 4-5 minutes per side until the beef is browned. If your roast is too large to sear, cut it in half first. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- Add the additional tablespoon of oil to the Instant Pot, then add the carrots and onions. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning into the pot with the carrots and onions. Place the beef on top of the vegetables, then place the lid on the pot, ensure that the valve is set to “sealed” rather than “venting,” then press the “meat/stew” button and set it to cook for 60 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure after 60 minutes, then remove the beef and set the pot to sauté for 10-15 minutes, until the juices have reduced by about 1/2.
- Shred or slice the beef to your preference, then spoon the sauce over and serve alongside the onions and carrots. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Fed + Fit