Skip to content
Garlic Balsamic Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¾ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Garlic olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Pomegranate Balsamic
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and sauté the chicken until it is nicely browned on one side (about 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic.
- Turn the chicken breasts and scatter the mushrooms over them.
- Continue frying, shaking the skillet and stirring the mushrooms.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and then add the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover tightly and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken to a warm serving platter and cover with foil and set aside.
- Continue simmering the sauce, uncovered, over medium high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Swirl in the butter and discard the bay leaf.
- Pour the mushroom sauce mixture over the chicken and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.