- 6 oz thin spaghetti, spaghetti or bucatini pasta
- 2 Tbsp. J. Olive Co. Madagascar Black Pepper Olive Oil*
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- ¾ c grated pecorino romano cheese
- salt for pasta water
- Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook until al dente, drain, reserving ¾ cup of the salted pasta water.
- In the same pot, heat olive oil and pepper over medium heat and swirl until toasted and fragrant.
- Add ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add cheese and stir until it melts.
- Add pasta and toss to thoroughly coat with sauce, adding more pasta water if necessary.
*If you want less of a pepper flavor, you may substitute part or all of J. Olive Co. Madagascar Black Pepper Olive Oil with a variety of J. Olive Co. Infused Olive Oils: Garlic, Tuscan Herb, Basil, or any EVOO.