- 1 cup unsalted ketchup
- 2 ½ Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dry or Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 4-8)
- 1-2 tsp J. Olive Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Combine the ketchup, sugar, J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic , pepper, mustard, onion powder, and garlic powder stirring with a whisk.
- Reserve a ½ a cup ketchup mixture in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken to the remaining ketchup mixture and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the pan with a little J. Olive Co. Tuscan Herb olive oil.
- Remove the chicken from the ketchup mixture and discard the ketchup mixture, Add the chicken to the pan, grilling or cooking for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until done (165 degrees F with an instant read thermometer) brushing occasionally with the reserved ½ cup reserved ketchup mixture.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and sprinkle with a little salt.
Recipe modified from FlyingOlive.com