- 4 (2-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cloves freshly minced garlic (not jarred)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup crumbled animal crackers
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 6 large Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the cleaned and rinsed chicken breasts into a mixing bowl. Cut an incision into the breasts that's large enough to fit the stuffing. After you make the incision, sprinkle the breasts with the garlic, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme breast. Cover and refrigerate while you prep the bread crumbs and saute the apples.
- In a mixing bowl combine the animal crackers and bread crumbs.
- Heat saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and the apples. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes depending on how soft you would like them.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil. Put a seasoned chicken breast on the foil and stuff 1/4 of the apples into the incision. Dredge the chicken in the whisked egg, and then roll it in the bread crumb mixture. Put the breaded chicken breast back on the sheet of foil and roll it up so the foil is covering the breast completely. Repeat these steps for the remaining breasts. Lastly, place the wrapped chicken breasts in a baking pan and bake for 1 hour. Remove the pan from the oven, unwrap the chicken and serve on individual plates.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network.