Skip to content
“Almost” Tom Yum Soup
- 1 lb of shrimp (you could also sub out for chicken)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste or grated fresh ginger
- 3.5 oz shiitake or white mushrooms – one small pack, sliced/chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro for garnish
- 1 tsp Chili-garlic sauce or chili paste or 1/2 tbs thai red curry paste – more if you like heat.
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Chipotle oil + more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Seranno Honey Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Heat chipotle oil over medium.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add chili or curry paste, ginger paste, salt, lime zest, serrano honey vinegar.
- Add shrimp to boiling liquid to cook.
- Once shrimp are cooked through, finish soup of with fish sauce, lemon juice, lime juice. Stir in Green onions.
- When ready to serve, top with cilantro and a drizzle of chipotle oil.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.