- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder, plus more for serving
- 3 cups milk (almond milk is delicious)
- 6 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp J. Olive Co. Vanilla Balsamic
- whipped cream for serving
- Bring ¾ cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in 3 Tbsp cocoa powder until no lumps remain, then add milk and return to a simmer.
- Whisk in chocolate, sweetener and Vanilla Balsamic and cook, whisking frequently, until mixture is smooth and creamy and chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Divide hot chocolate among mugs. Top with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.
Original recipe found at Saporito