- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dark packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp whiskey
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Butter Olive Oil
- 2 cups walnuts or pecan pieces lightly toasted
- 3 oz dark chocolate pieces or semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 9 inch deep dish unbaked pie crust
- 1/3 cup nice looking pecan or walnuts halves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, whiskey, corn syrup, chocolate balsamic, salt and butter olive oil or melted butter to eggs, mix thoroughly.
Sprinkle chopped pecans or walnuts and chopped chocolate or morsels in pie shell. Pour egg mixture over nuts and chocolate. Arrange pecan or walnut halves around edge of pie crust for decoration.
Bake pie on middle rack of oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and continue baking 25-35 minutes, or until set.