- 3 cups + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup J. Olive Co. Lemon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Raspberry Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease inside of 10" bundt pan with J. Olive Co. Lemon olive oil.
- Add a Tbsp of granulated sugar to the pan and then rotate and tilt the pan to evenly distribute the sugar in the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs until pale and light.
- Add the sugar and continue mixing. Next, mix in the sour cream, Lemon olive oil, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and place in the middle of the oven for 45-50 minutes until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack.
Chocolate-Raspberry Balsamic Glaze
- In a microwave proof bowl, heat the cream for 1 minute. Add the chocolate and allow to sit for 2 minutes without stirring. Whisk until all the chocolate has melted and is smooth. Add the balsamic and whisk well.
- Pour the still warm glaze over the cooled cake. Allow the glaze to set up at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
*recipe courtesy of MidtownOliveOil.com