For the waffles:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup J.Olive Butter Olive Oil
For the sauce:
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut cream or regular cream
- splash of J.Olive Dark Chocolate Balsamic to thin the sauce
- ice cream, to serve
- To make the waffles, place the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in the egg, milk, and J.Olive Butter Olive Oil, and stir together with a wooden spoon. Don't worry if the batter is lumpy - just don't overmix.
- Bake the waffles on a medium-high setting on your waffle maker - they should be nice and dark golden brown. They will seem soft at first, but a few seconds out of the waffle maker, they will be crispy!
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients into a saucepan and melt together over a very low heat. Thin with a splash of dark chocolate balsamic to taste.
- Serve the waffles with the sauce, and a scoop of vanilla (or coconut) ice cream.
Original recipe and image found at TheSugarHit.com