Whipped Basil Ricotta
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole-milk ricotta
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
Strawberry Balsamic Crostini
- 1 (15-ounce) whole wheat baguette
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Basil olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Strawberry balsamic
- Place the ricotta and 3/4 cup basil in a food processor, and process until smooth. There may be some small pieces of basil left, but the color of the ricotta should be a light green. Add salt and cream cheese, and pulse a few times until the cream cheese is fully incorporated. Taste and add more salt if you'd like.
- Pour the balsamic into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until it has reduced by half. Set aside to cool while you get the other ingredients ready (it will thicken slightly in this time)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice the baguette into 1/4-inch slices. Brush both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle the top of the bread with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Slice or chop the additional 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves for garnish.
- Let the baked bread cool for 5 minutes, then spoon on the basil ricotta, top with strawberries and additional sliced basil, and finish with a drizzle of the balsamic glaze.
Recipe and image from Veggie and the Beast