- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Stir together strawberries and sugar in a small bowl.
- Let the berries stand at room temperature until the juices are released, at least 30 minutes.
- Spread a layer of goat cheese on top of each baguette slice.
- Top each slice with spoonfuls of the strawberry mixture.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle each slice with the basil leaves and cracked pepper, to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Spoonfulofflavor.com.