- ½ cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 5 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Traditional balsamic
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- sliced French baguette for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine EVOO and garlic over medium low heat. Heat for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in oregano, thyme, and a moderate pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture into a wide shallow serving dish.
- Pour in balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
- Serve with sliced French baguette for dipping and enjoy!
- Use fresh garlic. Don't use a jar of minced garlic. Grab some fresh cloves and mince them yourself. Fresh garlic is usually cheaper, and you have no idea how long those jars of garlic have been sitting on the shelf before you buy them.
- Use quality olive oil. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get good olive oil. Look for something cold pressed, organic and most importantly in your price range!
- Shred your own Parmesan cheese. Pre-shredded cheeses are coated in cellulose so the shreds don't stick together. Skip the additives and opt for a wedge of Parmesan. There is nothing more delicious than freshly grated cheese!
Original recipe found at Midwest Foodie