- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz baby mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, seeded and halved
- Fresh basil leaves to serve (optional)
- 4 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Traditional balsamic, reduced to drizzle
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella balls, pesto, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss well to evenly combine all of the flavors.
- Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
- To make the glaze - In a saucepan, add the balsamic, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until your desired thickness of the glaze. The glaze will coat the back of your spoon. There will be half the amount of glaze once this is complete.
- Spoon the Caprese filling into each avocado half and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.