- 1 Acorn Squash, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and chopped
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
Ingredients for Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Grapefruit Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Cilantro & Roasted Onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. While oven is preheating, combine Grapefruit Balsamic, honey and dijon in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in Cilantro & Roasted Onion in a thin stream until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place squash, shallot, and fennel on baking sheet. Drizzle vegetables with 1/8 cup of vinaigrette, season with cumin and cinnamon and place in the oven. Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes, or until tender and slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Divide kale and chard between plates, top with grapefruit and vegetables. Drizzle with remaining dressing before serving.
Original recipe and photo from Prairie Oils & Vinegars.