- 1 lb shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup J.Olive Co. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 slices of peasant bread (from a long loaf), about 1/3 inch thick
- 1 lb burrata cheese, cut into 16 slices
- In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and the 1/2 cup of olive oil and let stand for 1 hour.
- Light a grill. Spread the mushrooms on a lightly oiled perforated grill tray and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Brush the bread with oil and grill, turning once, until toasted, 1 minute.
- Top the toasts with the mushrooms. Top each with a slice of burrata and serve.
*Recipe from Food&Wine.