- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil
- ½ cup J. Olive Co. Garlic infused Olive Oil, for bread
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes cut in half
- torn fresh basil
- 1 cup marcona almonds
- 1 baguette cut into crostini
- J.Olive Co. Black Mission Fig Balsamic, to drizzle
- First prepare the ricotta cheese. Dampen two layers of cheesecloth and drape it over a colander. Set the colander over a deep bowl.
- Add milk and cream to a large stock pot.
- Mix in the salt and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon and balsamic.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes while it separates into curds and whey, then pour into thecheesecloth covered colander.
- Let it sit for one hour or longer until it reaches the thickness you desire. This canbe done a day ahead, and kept in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, brush the french bread crostini with Garlic Olive Oil and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Once the ricotta is set up add 2 Tbsp of Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil and whisk until fluffy. Add more according to taste.
- Toss the arugula and heirloom tomatoes with a dash of Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil and a shake of Sicilian Lemon Balsamic. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Spread the ricotta on a platter leaving space in the middle for the arugula and heirlooms. Drizzle with Black Mission Fig Balsamic. Top with marcona almonds, torn fresh basil, and place the crostini around the outside.
Original recipe found at Kathy’s Kitchen Recipes