- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed feta cheese
- Leafy greens (arugula, spinach or romaine lettuce)
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
Ingredients for Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Cilantro & Roasted Onion
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Grapefruit Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp herb mustard
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package and set aside to cool.
- Add cold quinoa, cucumber, red onion, feta and a couple of handfuls of greens to a large salad bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well, until emulsified. Pour over salad and toss gently.
- Add watermelon on top and serve immediately. Or serve watermelon cubes on the side (ripe watermelon will break easily and make a very watery salad if combined too roughly.)
Original recipe and photo from Prairie Oils & Vinegars.