- 5-6 lb chuck roast
- 12 cloves garlic sliced in half
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 cups beef stock or broth
- pickled vegetables (see spicy pickled Italian pepper recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Cut 24 slits into all sides of the roast and insert garlic slivers into each slit. Liberally slather the roast with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and coat with a blend of dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Place the roast onto a rack set in a roasting pan. Roast at 425° F in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, and then add the beef stock to the roasting pan. Cover the roast with foil and reduce the heat to 300° F. Slow roast for an additional 3 hours covered with foil.
- This roast is delicious on its own. However, you can also slice it paper thin for Italian Beef Sandwiches. Serve the warm sliced meat dunked into the seasoned roasting broth, on sturdy rolls with pickled vegetables and or peppers and a drizzle of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil to finish.
Recipe provided by Rachel Bradley-Gomez