- About 18 CK Turkey Sausage Meatballs (recipe below)
- 1 red bell pepper, thick chopped pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, thick chopped pieces
- 2 onions, thick chopped pieces
- Baby portobello mushroom caps
Barbecue sauce ingredients:
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Black Mission Fig Balsamic
- 1 tbs J. Olive Co. Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive oil
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
CK Turkey Sausage meatballs:
- 2 lb ground turkey (93/7) or ground chicken
- 1/4-1/2 cup minced raw onion – I mince mine in my mini food processor
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic (I used dried minced)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1.Preheat grill to about 450 degrees.
2. Rough, thick chop all veggies and add to mixing bowl. Toss veggies in a drizzle of Mushroom & Sage Olive oil and kosher salt to taste. Set aside.
3. Mix CK Turkey Sausage meat and form into about 18 meatballs (about the size of a golf ball).
4. Assemble skewers with 3 meatballs per skewer (using metal skewers or water soaked wooden skewers):
- Mushroom cap
- bell pepper
5. Cook on grill for about 5-6 minutes per side. Total cook time about 12-15 minutes.
6. While kabobs are cooking, cook barbecue sauce. Add to a saucepan tomato sauce, soy sauce, balsamic and oil and simmer over medium to high heat for about 5-6 minutes or until thickens slightly.
7. Baste kabobs with barbecue sauce as they cook on the second side.
Recipe courtesy of Clean Kitchen.