- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup J. Olive Co. Blueberry balsamic
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 sandwich rolls (such as ciabatta rolls), halved and warmed if desired
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8-12 fresh basil leaves
Prepare the Blueberry Balsamic Reduction:
Add blueberries and balsamic vinegar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until the volume is reduced by half. Remove from heat, add salt to taste, and set aside.
Assemble the Tomato Mozzarella Sandwiches:
Place open sandwich rolls on a flat surface. Divide the arugula, mozzarella, and Blueberry Balsamic Reduction between the sandwich rolls. Top with tomato, red onion, and basil.
Image and Original Recipe found at Grateful Grazer