- 8 medium red new potatoes
- 1/2 cup garlic olive oil (You could also substitute with any non-infused UP EVOO or Chipotle Olive Oil, Gremolata Olive Oil, Baklouti Chili Olive Oil, Harissa Olive Oil, or Mushroom Sage Olive Oil)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar (optional) or any other melting cheese of your choice
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped chives for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F
Set each potato in to a large spoon and make thin slices along the length of the potato, using the spoon as a guide so as not to cut all the way through the potato.
Pour the olive oil into a large bowl or container. Toss the potatoes liberally in the olive oil, making sure to get it in between the slices. Arrange the potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, making sure to season in between the slices.
Bake for 30 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown. If desired, remove the potatoes, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for another 15-20 minutes until fully tender and golden brown.
Adjust seasoning to taste, sprinkle with fresh chives for garnish, and serve with sour cream.
Recipe shared by Rachel Bradley-Gomez