- 1 Turkey
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive oil
- 2 Chopped shallots
- 2 Heads of garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sage chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chives chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp Tarragon chopped
- 1 Large Onion coarsely chopped
- 2 Celery stalks coarsely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- Place all ingredients except the last three in food processor and blend.
- If you don’t like getting your hands dirty, transfer butter mixture to a pastry bag.
- Rinse and dry turkey.
- Spread the coarsely chopped vegetables (last three ingredients) in the bottom of the roasting pan. Place bird on top of them.
- Gently separate breast skin from meat. Try to separate the skin all the way to the leg bones. Rub with salt and pepper.
- Salt and pepper the inside of the cavity and fill with favorite stuffing.
- Pipe or spread with hands half the butter mixture underneath the skin of each turkey breast. Try to get a bit to the leg portions. Once the butter is under the skin you can work the butter with your fingertips to make sure it’s even.
- Place in 350 ovens for about 3 hours. Time will depend on the size of your bird. Add a bit of water or chicken stock to the bottom of the pan. Standard time is 15 minutes per pound. Baste the bird about once every half hour.
- In a saucepan, add 2 cups of J. Olive Co. Fig balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until your desired thickness of the glaze.
- The glaze will coat the back of your spoon.
- There will be ½ cup glaze after this is complete.
- Drizzle this over your sliced turkey for added flavor.