- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 1 ¾ cups liquid, water or chicken stock
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ lb of White or Crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into flowerets
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Baklouti Olive Oil
- ½ cup J. Olive Co. Apricot Balsamic
- Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
- Heat J. Olive Co. EVOO Olive Oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour rice into pan and sauté rice until translucent [about 5 minutes].
- Add the liquid and cook rice for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest until the remainder of the dish is ready.
For stir fry
- Sauté chicken in Baklouti Olive Oil until done and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the broccoli, onions and red bell peppers to the pan and sauté until warmed through, yet still crunchy.
- Place cooked chicken back into the pan and add the Apricot Balsamic.
- Cook, while stirring, until all the ingredients are coated and the chicken is heated.
- Serve over prepared rice or chow mein noodles.
Recipe modified from Fustini’s