Call Now Button
- 1 Tbps J.Olive Co. EVOO olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis (diced)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce or any other sauce of your preference
- 2 medium Sweet Potato (sliced)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, (shredded)
- Fresh parsley, (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onions, garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Make sure to break apart the meat with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add homemade tomato sauce, the cooked zucchini, salt, and pepper. Cook for more 3-5 minutes.
- In a greased baking casserole place the slices of sweet potato in an even layer.
- Pour into a baking dish the ground turkey mixture.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Before serving sprinkle some fresh parsley.
*Recipe from www.primaverakitchen.com