- 1 batch pizza dough
- 1 cup J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced or grated
- 2 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil
- To prepare the balsamic reduction, pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the vinegar has reduced to 1/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F or as high as your oven will go. If you have a pizza stone, preheat the stone in the oven for at least 30 minutes to allow it to get thoroughly hot.
- Divide dough into tennis-ball sized pieces. Take one piece of dough and punch it down on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out into a circle approximately 1/4-inch thin. Place the pizza on a pizza peel or pan that has been generously coated with corn meal. Lightly brush with 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Top with mozzarella, goat cheese, and peach slices. Drizzle the pizza with balsamic reduction. Repeat for remaining pizzas.
- Place the pizza in the oven-directly on the pizza stone, if using one, or on the oven rack. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Loveandoliveoil.com.