- 2 Cups Sliced Ripe Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (You May Substitute With 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup)
- 1 Bottle Chilled Garnacha or Pinot Noir (For White Sangria Use Pinot Grigio)
- 1/4 Cup Port or Brandy
- 1 Large Orange
- 1 Small Lemon, Sliced Into Thin Rounds
- 2 Cups Chilled Prosecco or Seltzer Water
- Garnish with Mint or Basil
- 1/4 Cup J. Olive Co. Strawberry Balsamic
- Wash strawberries and slice. Let the strawberries macerate with sugar (or maple syrup) and Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar for an hour. This brings out all the natural strawberry juice and sweetens more naturally. Pour in the bottle of wine and port (or brandy). Cut orange in half and squeeze in the juice. Thinly slice the remaining orange half and add in along with sliced lemon rounds. Allow all of the ingredients to combine together in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, fill the rest of the pitcher up with chilled Prosecco, ice and stir. If you desire less alcohol, add Seltzer Water in place of Prosecco.
- Garnish your glass of Sangria with a strawberry, fresh mint, or basil- and enjoy!
Recipe and image courtesy of Saratoga Olive Oil