This is a refreshing summer salad for a crowd. Use as much or as little of the fruits as you desire. I used bite-sized pieces for ease of eating.
Check online for the “Dirty Dozen” list of fruits and vegetables. It shows which crops are more often sprayed with pesticides. Right now (2019) strawberries and spinach should always be organic since they are considered at the top of the Dirty Dozen.
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Strawberry Balsamic
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. EVOO
- ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ Tbsp poppy seeds, optional
- 1 ½ Tbsp honey, or agave nectar, optional
- Organic Baby Spinach
- Organic Strawberries washed, stemmed, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Toasted Pecans, or other favorite nuts or seeds such as Pumpkin
- Watermelon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Stem any large spinach leaves. Place the desired amount into a large salad bowl.
- Toss spinach with a small amount of vinaigrette.
- Top with fruits & nuts. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Susan Hickman