- 10 roma tomatoes
- 1 large eggplant or 2 small
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- Generous sprinkle of sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Bucatini pasta
- Sea salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut tomatoes in half and eggplant into one inch cubes. Peel and crush whole garlic cloves. Chop onions into 1 inch chunks.
- Add tomatoes skin side down to baking sheet. Then, add eggplant, garlic, and red onion. Drizzle with Garlic Olive Oil and Neapolitan Herb Balsamic. Sprinkle a generous amount of course sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Shake ingredients in baking sheet until combined.
- Place baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes. Roast until tomatoes and eggplants are soft and caramelized, and juices have thickened.
- Bring pot of salted water to a rolling boiling and cook fresh Bucatini for 2-3 minutes or until al dente. Follow cooking time instructions for pasta.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Top the pasta with the roasted vegetables, making sure to get all the bits and juices for baking sheet.
- Divide pasta evenly and finish with red pepper flakes. Optional finishing touches: parmesan and parsley. Enjoy!
Original recipe and image found at The Oil Tree