- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Butter Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips – or as many or as few as you want
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk or sift them together and set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar and J. Olive Co. Butter olive oil in a mixing bowl. Mix together on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Combine the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the flour disappears into the sugar mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will be runny.
- Brush the skillet with a thin layer of olive oil to help prevent sticking if your skillet is not seasoned. Pour the dough into the skillet and spread evenly. It should be about ¼ inch in your pan.
3.5” mini individual skillet – Bake for approximately 20 min or until golden brown
6”-8” skillet – Bake for approximately 25-30 min or until golden brown
Your cooking time will depend upon how thick the dough is in the skillet and the size of the skillet.