- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (such as Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. fish sauce (optional)
- 6 ounces (4 slices) thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces large peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1 Tbs. J. Olive Co. Japanese Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (about 2 tsp.)
- 2 (8.5-oz.) pkg. precooked microwavable jasmine rice (such as Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice)
- Cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Stir together sweet chili sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, and, if desired, fish sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium. Add bacon; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in wok. Increase heat to high. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plate with bacon.
- Add sesame oil, bell peppers, and salt to wok. Cook, stirring often, until peppers are tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant and peppers are lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Add chili sauce mixture, shrimp, and bacon. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and well coated, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Heat rice according to package directions. Divide rice evenly among 4 shallow bowls, and top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of The SL Kitchen.