The classic avocado toast gets a twist with using J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic and Tuscan Herb Olive Oil to make a simple, yummy and filling breakfast (or any meal, really) when you need something fast! Mix the avocado and cook shrimp the night before for a fast breakfast!
Shrimp Avocado Toast
Servings: 4 slices of Avocado Toast assembled
- 1 avocado
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp J. Olive Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic
- Kosher salt to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve on sliced Sesame Ezekiel Bread (find in the freezer section of grocery store).
- Make the toast a complete meal with adding extra protein by topping it off with the shrimp or egg!
Tuscan Herb Shrimp
- 1 lb fresh/defrosted shrimp — about 12-14 medium to large shrimp
- CK Everything Seasoning Blend or garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- 1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp + J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Tuscan Herb olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Before adding shrimp to hot pan, you want to make sure your shrimp are well drained and not a lot of residual water on them if you defrosted them first.
- Add shrimp to hot pan and drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
- Season the shrimp, while cooking, with CK Everything Season blend, or just garlic powder and salt.
- Do not move the shrimp around too much so they will have time to caramelize a bit. It is really important to have a hot pan at the start for this to happen.
- Flip shrimp to brown another side after they start to curl up. About 2 minutes or so. Season opposite side.
- Once shrimp are finished cooking, turn off heat and drizzle liberally with Gravenstein Apple Balsamic in the hot pan. Toss shrimp while balsamic reduces. *I do not add the balsamic while the heat is on because the balsamic will scorch if the pan is too hot. I found it did fine if I turned the heat off and then tossed.
Recipe courtesy of Clean Kitchen.