- 8 (6-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 Tbs. J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 3 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 3/4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (divided), plus 5 whole sprigs
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 1⁄2 cups)
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces (3⁄4 cup)
- 2 celery stalks, cut at an angle into 1⁄2-inch slices (3⁄4 cup)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1⁄3-inch slices (3⁄4 cup)
- 8 ounces cornbread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub chicken thighs with 1 tsp. of the oil, 1 1⁄2 tsp. of the salt, and 3⁄4 tsp. each of the chopped thyme and pepper. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes. (Chicken will not be cooked through.)
- Meanwhile, combine fennel, onion, apple, celery, carrots, thyme sprigs, 2 Tbs. of the oil, 1 tsp. of the salt, 1⁄2 tsp. of the pepper, and remaining 1 tsp. chopped thyme in a large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange vegetable mix evenly around chicken. Bake at 400°F until vegetables are almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- Toss cornbread with remaining 1 tsp. oil, 1⁄2 tsp. salt, and 1⁄4 tsp. pepper. Arrange around chicken; bake at 400°F until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 165°F, about 5 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil; cook until chicken and cornbread are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of The SL Kitchen.