- 1 pound brussel sprouts (stem end trimmed off)
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Melgarejo Arbequina
- 1 tbsp Lemon Agrumato (fused) Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Shave or slice the brussel sprouts as thinly as possible. This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or simply by using a sharp knife.
In a large sauté pan, heat the Arbequina olive oil over medium-high heat. Begin by sautéing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges. Add the shaved brussel sprouts and sauté, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened, and begin to caramelize on the edges a bit.
Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well to combine. Serve drizzled with the fused lemon olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Recipe shared by Rachel Bradley-Gomez