- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Serrano Honey Vinegar
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 12 oz firm white fish (grouper or cod work well)
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 6 cups coleslaw mix with carrots
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- Pour the Serrano Honey Vinegar in a blender pitcher. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in Chipotle Olive Oil and blend until well combined. Place fish in a shallow dish. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons of prepared vinaigrette, coating both sides. Combine garlic, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, sea salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of the fish. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine coleslaw mix, chopped cilantro, and remaining prepared vinaigrette in a large bowl. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate. Toss coleslaw again before serving.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Clean and oil grill grates well (this will help keep the fish from sticking). Place fish directly on grates and grill 4-6 minutes* per side. Fish should “release” easily from grill grates when it is ready to flip as long as the grates are cleaned and well oiled. If fish is sticking, then let it grill an additional 1-2 minutes on that side before flipping. When fish is cooked thoroughly (completely opaque in the middle), remove from grill and tent with foil. Place corn tortillas directly on the grill grates. Grill about 30 seconds per side or until light char marks form and tortillas are warmed.
- To Serve: Place a spoonful of prepared Serrano Honey Lime coleslaw in grilled corn tortilla. Top with flaked grilled fish. Serve with a side of black beans, guacamole, and sour cream. Enjoy!
* This is a suggested grilling time and is dependent upon the thickness of the fish filets.
Recipe modified from and image courtesy of A Twist on Olives