- 2 lb small yellow potatoes cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 large eggs
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup J. Olive Co. Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a small pot, cover the potatoes with water. Add a Tbsp of salt and bring to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until just barely tender when pierced with a knife tip, about 8 minutes. Remove and drain the potatoes.
- In a heavy 12″ ovenproof saute pan (cast iron is ideal here) heat the UP EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the fully drained and dry potatoes to the hot oil and saute until they just begin to take on a golden hue. Add the shallot and roasted peppers to the potatoes. Continue cooking over medium-high flame for another 3 minutes until the shallots begin to take on a golden hue. Add the fresh thyme.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk with 2 tsp of salt and ground pepper to taste. Pour the eggs over the potatoes and vegetables in the pan. Place the entire pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg is fully set and the bottom of the frittata is golden brown. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve each slice sprinkled with thinly sliced scallions, a sprinkle of fresh thyme, and a dab of aioli, if desired.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and garlic clove. Process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil, pouring in a thin stream until the mixture comes together forming an emulsion.
*Special thanks to Veronica Foods for the amazing recipe and image!