- 2 Tbs J. Olive Co. Traditional Balsamic
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup J. Olive Co. EVOO
- Dash coarse kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large red onion, halved, cut in to wedges
- 1 large granny smith apple, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ½ lb. carrots, peeled and chopped in rounds
- 3-4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 4 Tbs plain nonfat yogurt
- 2-2 ½ Tbs granulated sugar, brown sugar or honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- Toppings: Honey, shaved fresh Parmesan, chopped walnuts/pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk vinegar, thyme and basil together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Place chopped onion, apple, sweet potato, squash and carrots on large baking sheet. Add dressing and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly brown around edges, about 35-40 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a large stock pot and pour in 3-4 cups of vegetable stock, just enough to cover the vegetables. Heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Puree soup using a [stick] blender, adding more broth if necessary. Add yogurt, sugar, cinnamon/nutmeg and cayenne/crushed red pepper flakes and continue to puree until incorporated. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Top soup with a drizzle of honey, shaved fresh Parmesan and chopped walnuts/pecans.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet RD.